• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Torys at it now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torys at it now

Just for a bit of balance

BBC News - Tory candidate quits over homophobic and anti-Islamic tweets

Lets see what Winston Churchill had to say about Islam...

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries!
    Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia
    in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy.
    The effects are apparent in many countries, improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods
    of commerce and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the
    Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and
    refinement, the next of its dignity and sanctity.
    The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property, either as
    a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the
    faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion
    paralyzes the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde
    force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant
    and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising
    fearless warriors at every step, and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the
    strong arms of science, the science against which it (Islam) has vainly struggled,
    the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome.”
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Tories
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Troll, can you repost and highlight the bits of the Churchill quote that don't ring true?

Ta.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Troll, can you repost and highlight the bits of the Churchill quote that don't ring true?

Ta.
          Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities,
          HTH
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Never used twitter, looks like total crap. I assume a retweet is just copying what somebody else has said. Sounds a bit easy to do by mistake, not reading it properly.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Tories
              I thought it didn't look right!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Lets see what Winston Churchill had to say about Islam...
                Quite right. I also wonder what he thought about God being a real-estate agent for the Middle East.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Off to UKIP with him.

Comment

Wasn't he in favour of eugenics?
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X