• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a detached house with no neighbours at all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a detached house with no neighbours at all

Cos the nobhead next door is a complete nightmare. In the past hes been the most awkward person in the world. Refuses to let anyone even put a ladder on his land to access the roof. Had a right go at our builder and threatened to call the police.

So today he climbs over our fence and plonks his ladder there to get to his roof. Wife went out and had a right go.

He seems to think its ok for him but not for us.

What can we do? Legally what steps can we take to stop him?

Also, before it gets too silly, if this does escalate and we try to sell the house what do you have to own up to these days when selling?

Must admit tempted to speak to the police because I can see this getting worse.

Or pay to have him topped! :-)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Man Up !!

If he refuses to let you 'put a ladder on his property' then don't send the wife out to deal with it when he does it on yours. Go out yourself and kick him in the nuts.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Man Up !!

If he refuses to let you 'put a ladder on his property' then don't send the wife out to deal with it when he does it on yours. Go out yourself and kick him in the nuts.
      WTMS. If he's been a dick in the past, time to have a go at him now. Alternatively wait for him to climb the ladder before pulling the bottom away. Taxi for Rod Hull.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        What exactly did he say?

I'd be pretty raging if someone acted like that. I'm just imagining asking any of my neighbours that, and I know any of them would say "of course, no problem, do you need a hand?"

The world is full of @rseholes though.

Comment

Wilmslow? Is that you?

Comment

Not sure a detached house will help. You get knobs all over the place, only yesterday the knob across the road decided to confront the missus over our dog barking in the morning. Effed and jeffed at her and called her a silly little girl, despite her earning more than his entire household.

I went out to speak to him, he was doing something with tools in the back of his shifty car and he pulled out a hammer to great me. He kept on repeating you need to sort the dog, proper mental. I can only see this ending in violence.

Comment

Is that you with the ****ing dog? Shut the bloody thing up, will you?

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Man Up !!

This. Even I would.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Cos the nobhead next door is a complete nightmare. In the past hes been the most awkward person in the world. Refuses to let anyone even put a ladder on his land to access the roof. Had a right go at our builder and threatened to call the police.

So today he climbs over our fence and plonks his ladder there to get to his roof. Wife went out and had a right go.

What can we do? Legally what steps can we take to stop him?

Also, before it gets too silly, if this does escalate and we try to sell the house what do you have to own up to these days when selling?

Must admit tempted to speak to the police because I can see this getting worse.

Or pay to have him topped! :-)
                  WGAS
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Is that you with the ****ing dog? Shut the bloody thing up, will you?
                    Don't call my missus a dog!

Comment

Working...
                    X