• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client demands - the jiggle test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client demands - the jiggle test

One for the CUK gentlemen.

BBC News - The strange demands of life as a cheerleader

"Every inch is scrutinised. According to the Bills lawsuit, women are subjected to "jiggle tests," where they are judged on their physical appearance in their outfit and told which problem areas need work. "

"Always avoid: Politics, religion, sexual references… Inappropriate jokes, strong opinions, gossip, saying "I" or "me" too often." That's us CUK laydees ruled out then.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 5 May 2014, 06:01.

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Comment

Is the jiggle test included in QDOS cover?

If jiggling is needed i would suggest that indicates an absence of direction and control. Can't be a bad thing can it?
      Mind you, there's undoubted mutuality of obligation since when one starts the other one has to as well. What's the other thing? Substitution. That's a deffo, though they've not exercised the right yet.

Pass

Comment

I think that while the "jiggle test" and the rest of it is undoubtedly sexist, cheerleading by it's nature is bound to a particular, quite sexist, view of women. If the sexism bothered you that much you'd not become a cheerleader in the first place.

OTOH the lawsuits are to do with degrading conditions and unwanted sexual advances rather than sexism per se, and neither of those should be tolerated IMO. So fair play to them for standing up for themselves.

The wage dispute I have no idea about, are they simply lower paid than other cheerleaders or are they arguing that there is a market rate for jiggling in general? I mean it seems reasonable (to me) for them to expect to earn as much as a vegas showgirl say, but perhaps not as much as a high end stripper or lap dancer. OTOH it's one of those jobs like working in the music industry where people are queueing up to do it and will work for peanuts, so they need to be realistic.
        Last edited by doodab; 5 May 2014, 07:21.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

If jiggling is needed i would suggest that indicates an absence of direction and control. Can't be a bad thing can it?
          Mind you, there's undoubted mutuality of obligation since when one starts the other one has to as well. What's the other thing? Substitution. That's a deffo, though they've not exercised the right yet.

Pass
          I was assuming that too much jiggling was undesirable.

Clearly the predicted outcomes need better definition.

Who's writing the jiggle test cases?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Clearly the predicted outcomes need better definition.

Who's writing the jiggle test cases?
            Who else?

Calling Mitch!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Not from where i'm sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                It is now.
                Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

All of them would fail mine and Xog's jiggle test.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I think jiggles are ok, it's great pendulous undulations which are... actually, I've got time for great pendulous undulations too (c:

Comment

Working...
                    X