• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Your LinkedIn Public Profile is visible to no one"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your LinkedIn Public Profile is visible to no one"

...and has been for a while, but...

Your profile has been viewed by 11 people in the past 30 days.

You have shown up in search results 18 times in the past 15 days.
    ...and I see no reduction in the amount of agent spam coming my way.

I find it hard to see the benefits of this pile of crap now.

Only linked to people I know and none of them are agents.

They must be allowing paid up agents to get your details no matter what your settings are.

Comment

That's rather worrying - I've marked my Linkedin account private, as I'm "following" one or two distinctly iffy characters among others.

After clearing cookies, _I_ can't list my followees. But if privileged users, especially agents, can then that could be a concern.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        That's rather worrying - I've marked my Linkedin account private, as I'm "following" one or two distinctly iffy characters among others.

After clearing cookies, _I_ can't list my followees. But if privileged users, especially agents, can then that could be a concern.
        MF and brillo?

Comment

But if privileged users, especially agents, can then that could be a concern.
          http://www.linkedin.com/mnyfe/subscr...ent&trk=li-nav

Full Network Visibility
          See full names and profiles of anyone in your network.
          That starts from £65 a month and AFAIK means people 2 or 3 degrees away, so if your contacts link to agents you are visible I'd assume. The "pro" level offers

Out-of-Network Visibility
          See full profiles for over 250 million LinkedIn members.
          so you are definitely visible to those ones.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

From reading the blurb linked in regard the public as people who do not have a log in. "Your LinkedIn Public Profile is visible to no one" really means fook all and there really there is no way to hide your profile.

Really is an incredible poor product now.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              From reading the blurb linked in regard the public as people who do not have a log in. "Your LinkedIn Public Profile is visible to no one" really means fook all and there really there is no way to hide your profile.

Which is why I don't complete my profile.

Comment

Hmmm, well let's turn this round (possible stupid question alert ...)

Is there a way to "follow" someone on Linkedin, i.e. simply to see their tweets, independent of LinkedIn itself.

Forwarding emails might be one way, if there are programs that can do that. But one's email inbox might fill up pretty quickly.

Or what about RSS? Or is that just for blogs? I've never really been into any of this stuff.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

I take what you're saying about the flaws and the dishonesty around it, and I was very suspicious initially.

In its defence, I get a fair amount of work through LinkedIn now, and that work tends to be at a significantly higher rate than work I get via other routes. It's hard to put a figure on but I would guess that by the end of this year, my Ltd will have had about 50k in income more than if I didn't use LinkedIn.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Hmmm, well let's turn this round (possible stupid question alert ...)

Is there a way to "follow" someone on Linkedin, i.e. simply to see their tweets, independent of LinkedIn itself.

Forwarding emails might be one way, if there are programs that can do that. But one's email inbox might fill up pretty quickly.

Or what about RSS? Or is that just for blogs? I've never really been into any of this stuff.
                    Not quite what you're asking, but set up a dummy account with a fake name and a dummy email box.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X