• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Words don't often fail me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words don't often fail me...

...but I struggle to describe what I think about what those bastards Boko Haram have done.

BBC News - Boko Haram admits abducting Nigeria girls from Chibok

Looks like Britain might be prepared to help;

Britain in talks to help rescue Nigerian schoolgirls - Telegraph

Now usually I wouldn't be the hawkish type, but someone needs to give those bastards a damn good @rsekicking.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    ...but I struggle to describe what I think about what those bastards Boko Haram have done.

BBC News - Boko Haram admits abducting Nigeria girls from Chibok

Looks like Britain might be prepared to help;

Britain in talks to help rescue Nigerian schoolgirls - Telegraph

Now usually I wouldn't be the hawkish type, but someone needs to give those bastards a damn good @rsekicking.
    This happened weeks ago - remember reading about it at the time. I don't understand why it's only now making news.

Comment

Has Boku got a brother called procul?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        This happened weeks ago - remember reading about it at the time. I don't understand why it's only now making news.
        I know it's been going on for weeks, but now 230-odd girls are still being held captive and there are reports of them being forced into marriage somewhere in the forest. The North of Nigeria is being ruined by these @rseholes.

If there's only one positive thing to come from this, the bastards have made a lot more enemies for themselves as if they didn't have any to start with.

Comment

I know it's been going on for weeks, but now 230-odd girls are still being held captive and there are reports of them being forced into marriage somewhere in the forest. The North of Nigeria is being ruined by these @rseholes.

If there's only one positive thing to come from this, the bastards have made a lot more enemies for themselves as if they didn't have any to start with.
          Have you tried looking in Brillos basement?
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Have you tried looking in Brillos basement?
            A more likely candidate is someone who has endless libido. Anyone know someone like that?

Comment

Why on Earth can't the Nigerian government sort them out?

Harald Hardrada, the Viking ruler of Norway, would have known what to do - In the mid-1000s he decided that for political reasons Norway should become a Christian country. After that, anyone caught at a pagan shrine, or wearing pagan amulets etc had their arms cut off and their eyes burned out with red hot irons. Maybe not quite the conversion technique the church fathers would have favoured, but Christianity caught on in no time!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

BBC News - Boko Haram 'to sell' Nigeria girls abducted from Chibok

Latest update - they might be sold.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Why on Earth can't the Nigerian government sort them out?
                  That area is almost lawless at the moment. First you have to find out where the girls are being held, then you have to stage some kind of operation to get them out; giving in to ransom would be an absolute disaster and would effectively hand control of the north to the fundamentalist loons; if Nigeria is ripped apart then most of west and northern Africa will be in big trouble. Effectively it would be like allowing the loons to create a new Afghanistan, but bigger, with lots of arms and lots of oil and other resources we all need like copper; plus, huge amounts of agricultural land.

Nigeria has a special forces unit, trained by the UK special forces, but the trouble is it's an area where even the Army fear to tread, and the Nigerian forces are mainly coastal people trained to defend oil infrastructure and government matters in the south. There is also suspicion that Boko Haram have infiltrated the army and are informing on the terrorists on army plans. It seems British special forces have had some nasty experiences in Nigeria too and actually the most experienced people in the region are probably the Irish army Rangers who have worked in Chad.

Comment

That area is almost lawless at the moment. First you have to find out where the girls are being held, then you have to stage some kind of operation to get them out; giving in to ransom would be an absolute disaster and would effectively hand control of the north to the fundamentalist loons;
                    I am with you here, but I'd add that it doesn't look like kidnapping for ransom, it seems to be to keep them in a "good" "muslim" environment where they will not get educated or otherwise "spoilt" by western influences. I.e. they have not been kidnapped, they have been enslaved. I'm OK with the idea of going and freeing slaves.

Comment

Working...
                    X