• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee

I've been laying off the stuff for a while. Just had two strong cups from the cafetiere. Yee hah! I'm on fire.

It's also caused me to have the most enormous dump I've had in months. It's better than my prescription laxatives!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

good to hear -- you should try smoking...

not called an Embasssy Number 2 for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      good to hear -- you should try smoking...

not called an Embasssy Number 2 for nothing!
      I used to smoke, oddly it never had that effect on me. Coffee always has although I used to need 3 or 4 to get going, I guess I had built up a tolerance to it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I used to smoke, oddly it never had that effect on me. Coffee always has although I used to need 3 or 4 to get going, I guess I had built up a tolerance to it.
        Man walks out of the hosptial into the pub next door. He's wearing his hospital gown and attached to a drip on a stand. He goes up to the bar and says, "Pint of Stella, please." The barman gives him a look but pours the pint and puts it onto the bar top.

The man takes a big glug and says to the barman, "Mind you. I shouldn't be having this with what I've got."

The barman says, "And what's that, mate?"

The man says, "20 pence."
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I've been laying off the stuff for a while. Just had two strong cups from the cafetiere. Yee hah! I'm on fire.

It's also caused me to have the most enormous dump I've had in months. It's better than my prescription laxatives!
          I gave up coffee and went on the decaf. I had headaches that verged on migraines the first few days. Problem when you work at home and every time you want a break you have a coffee.

Comment

I have two small children who like to rise before 6am so I have a Costa addiction.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Problem when you work at home and every time you want a break you have a coffee.
              I tend to have a nap or a snack instead. I eat loads. One of the side effects of stomach cancer is it's bloody hard to get fat.

Comment

Billing while having a dump should be a walk in the park after the blood transfusion billing.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Supposedly caffeine doesn't actually wake you up; it's the withdrawl of caffeine that makes you tired.

I haven't had any tea or coffee in 2 weeks. All part of trying to work out if I'm suffering from a food intolerance. Have to try something whilst waiting for the NHS.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

This is the first contract where they give FREE coffee / Tea to everyone.....
                    And its Real Coffee not the powered crap....

Comment

Working...
                    X