• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indians working through Ltds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indians working through Ltds

I'd always assumed that all these Indians I've been working with were brought over by the big consultancies like Accenture, Infosys etc.

Apparently not. There's a whole bunch of recent arrivals all operating through their own ltd companies at my client co. Now, that's ok when there's demand for their skills but I get the feeling they've well and truly got their feet under the table and aren't likely to be headed back to India. So, when the next slump happens, it's going to be even harder to get a gig with all these guys in the offing too.

I supposed I'm just shocked that they've all been able to set themselves up like this.
    Last edited by Freaki Li Cuatre; 6 May 2014, 14:54.

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    So, when the next slump happens, it's going to be even harder to get a gig with all these guys in the offing too.
    It is if your technical and comms skills are at the same poor level as theirs. But then if they are why should you expect work at all?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      It is if your technical and comms skills are at the same poor level as theirs. But then if they are why should expect work at all?
      By the looks of that second sentence, I think its a case of pot calling kettle.....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        By the looks of that second sentence, I think its a case of pot calling kettle.....
        If pointing out typos is all you've got .....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          If pointing out typos is all you've got .....
          No but it's a really cheap shot and I'm lazy....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You haven't been keeping an eye on the professional forums then. More and more questions from the group you mention appearing.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You haven't been keeping an eye on the professional forums then. More and more questions from the group you mention appearing.
              That's a worrying new trend.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                That's a worrying new trend.
                It is for the guy that has to tell them to do a search first!
                Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post

I supposed I'm just shocked that they've all been able to set themselves up like this.
                  I guess they're worth every penny and more.

I wonder what percentage of contractors here could successfully set up a Ltd company in India.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No shortage of companies offering them advice.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X