• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you mindful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you mindful?

BBC News - Who, What, Why: What is mindfulness?

Behavioural meaning to one's environment. Some more than others.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Found it very helpful in the past for depression (MBCT) but difficult to maintain - it requires dedication and effort. Has been shown to be very helpful in preventing relapses in recurrent depression.

Comment

Lots (most?) of people live their lives on autopilot. I'm deliberately being mindLESS as a coping mechanism to see me through the next 6 months at clientCo.

Comment

eckhert tolle stuff?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            eckhert tolle stuff?
            Bought the book, but haven't made it through chapter one yet...

Comment

The simplest way to practise mindfulness is to sit in a straight backed chair, close your eyes
              Been doing that half the day.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

load of tree hugging hippy crap

Comment

Working...
                X