• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

400 per day in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 per day in Belgium

Hey,

I've just been offered a 400 EUR per day contract in Belgium, and now thinking about accepting or not.

I'm asking those who did some contracting there:

-Don't you think that this rate is a bit low?
    -How will my take home look like if I accept?

Thx

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-security.html
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

56% tax!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        56% tax!
        Are you kidding?

Comment

You will hate me for this, but i haven't managed to read through that. I fell asleep.

Comment

I was offered a contract for €600 per day and refused as after tax, cost of renting an apartment, tickets etc, nothing was left in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
              Hey,

I've just been offered a 400 EUR per day contract in Belgium, and now thinking about accepting or not.

I'm asking those who did some contracting there:

-Don't you think that this rate is a bit low?
              -How will my take home look like if I accept?

Thx
              There was a news story today about a beggar in Putney who earned about that much each day. No tax and no expenses - so his take home was pretty much 100%.

Speaks volumes for the state of IT, when you earn more begging.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                I was offered a contract for €600 per day and refused as after tax, cost of renting an apartment, tickets etc, nothing was left in the end.
                WTF, i'm interested in your calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by gabox01 View Post
                  You will hate me for this, but i haven't managed to read through that. I fell asleep.
                  What's the point of asking questions if you don't read the replies?

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                    What's the point of asking questions if you don't read the replies?
                    Because what they want is a short answer that tells them how to run their life. Failing that, they want the answer which tells them what they want to hear without any of the nasty "fact" things that get in the way.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X