• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice solution to solving tax avoidance schemes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice solution to solving tax avoidance schemes here

https://medium.com/p/de757e33556c

if its tl;dr the short version is give awards and preference to those who pay the most tax. Those willingly paying tax get verifiable awards to highlight the amount willingly paid...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

If that were an incentive then people would already be paying that amount to charity. it's the same thing.

** I can't read th elink though **

** oh.. i can if i take the s off the https **

Comment

Sounds crappy to me. No offence intended.

but also to favoured treatment in dealing with government agencies.
      Can anyone say fascism?

Comment

Not sure Sir Philip Green,Sir Richard Branson or sir Bono etc. will really care.

I suspect working with them individually (There are 275,000 paying 50% tax) to convince them to relocate their cash in the UK would make more sense. However if they see big multinationals get away with paying little or no tax they might not be keen.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Not sure Sir Philip Green,Sir Richard Branson or sir Bono etc. will really care.

I suspect working with them individually (There are 275,000 paying 50% tax) to convince them to relocate their cash in the UK would make more sense. However if they see big multinationals get away with paying little or no tax they might not be keen.
          Don't you think a big banner on adverts from multinationals showing the amount of tax paid would encourage some decision making....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Don't you think a big banner on adverts from multinationals showing the amount of tax paid would encourage some decision making....
            You stopped buying from eBay, Amazon etc based on their tax affairs? Thought not neither has anyone else in significant numbers.

Just as despite recycling and fitting Led lights I can do sod all for the planet while China are opening a coal fired power station a week.

The Governments have to settle this by being tough with those that exploit the system or rewrite the system so they get enough tax. However the likely result is just that the Government will have to spend less and tax the middle more.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Or by being as efficient and useful as Amazon.

Spend less -> tax less -> stop whining about people "avoiding" tax based on rules you (the govt) wrote, based on money you spent with bugger-all input from most people whom you're taxing.

There, a nice solution to tax avoidance. They created this horribly complex system that we must all abide by, they can live with one of its consequences. Or they can spend less, reform it to be less of a tangled web and least pretend to tax on the basis of the cost of whatever services the govt holds a monopoly over to provide, rather than this utter tosh of an "income" tax and an "earnings" tax, and a billion other taxes to go with them, to cover whatever spending takes their fancy.

The Governments have to settle this by being tough with those that exploit the system or rewrite the system so they get enough tax. However the likely result is just that the Government will have to spend less and tax the middle more.
              They do this anyway.
              Last edited by Zero Liability; 7 May 2014, 20:49.

Comment

Working...
              X