• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone at Barclays?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone at Barclays?

BBC News - Barclays set to cut jobs as investment bank shrinks

always follows the 10% rate cut...
    Our place has just been hit with a headcount reduction, and not in banking.

Doesn't look good going forward.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

[QUOTE=BlasterBates;1934059]always follows the 10% rate cut...
      Our place has just been hit with a headcount reduction, and not in banking.

Doesn't look good going

TIP

My contract is with a small company so I have a good rate . Small companies don't have the time or the contacts at the home office to obtain visas for non EU citizens .

Comment

Yet next door is hiring en masse

Comment

What I love about being a contractor, you embrace risk of not being needed and you move somewhere else. You adapt and are agile, you go where the money is, no loyalty to any company.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
            What I love about being a contractor, you embrace risk of not being needed and you move somewhere else. You adapt and are agile, you go where the money is, no loyalty to any company.
            I'm with you, but most are disguised enployees...especially in banking.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              And your point is what? That makes every contractor at a bank a lesser being?
              That they are perhaps not expecting it?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Makes me wonder how the market will absorb 14000 souls. I bet half of them will be middle managers with no tech skills to speak of...

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                  Makes me wonder how the market will absorb 14000 souls. I bet half of them will be middle managers with no tech skills to speak of...
                  The report says 70% of the cuts will be in the UK. I expect that the Daily Mail be running a story about how house prices will be impacted by this.

Comment

Not before they report on the "bloodbath"...

Bloodbath at Barclays as it axes 7,000 investment bankers in massive cull of 19,000 jobs | Mail Online

You can guarantee if Barcap are doing it, other banks will follow.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X