• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Virgin Soldiers RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Virgin Soldiers RIP

A very good author, remembered for The Virign Soldiers (and followups) although I'm partial to Ormerod's Landing and Tropic of Ruislip has sadly died...

Leslie Thomas
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dangerous Davies. I enjoyed that.

But I was unaware of

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dangerous-Da.../dp/B0000Z0I5W
    Looks interesting, but holy carp - "1 new from £79.90"

You'd have to be a big fan of Bernard Cribbins to fork out that much!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

As the great philosopher Sir Francis Bacon said "Give money wings, and like as not it will come flying back with more"

So I'd put about £19,000,000 on the national lottery each week, enough to cover every number.

edit: Flip - wrong thread, sorry! (Should have been in the "What would you do with a billion pounds thread")
      Last edited by OwlHoot; 8 May 2014, 08:18.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X