• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody rich do gooders coming over here doing good

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody rich do gooders coming over here doing good

BBC News - Natural History Museum receives £5m donation

Bravo!
    Last edited by doodab; 8 May 2014, 03:51.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

The Natural History Museum's Central Hall is to be renamed following a £5m donation from philanthropists Sir Michael and Lady Hintze.

The gift from the London-based couple is the biggest single donation the museum has received in its 133 years.
    I actually find it surprising that's the biggest single donation received, for a museum of such importance and history.

I went for the first time just a few weeks back and though lots of it was very interesting, it wasn't quite the wonder I'd expected. Is the NHM supposed to be the best of its kind in the world, anyone?
    It was far better than the Science Museum though, which has really gone downhill.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I actually find it surprising that's the biggest single donation received, for a museum of such importance and history.

I went for the first time just a few weeks back and though lots of it was very interesting, it wasn't quite the wonder I'd expected. Is the NHM supposed to be the best of its kind in the world, anyone?
      It was far better than the Science Museum though, which has really gone downhill.
      They do a lot of actual science as well as being a museum. I think the smithsonian, museum of the rockies etc give it a run for it's money on dinosaurs but I've not been to them. Yet.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X