• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Colin Pillinger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Colin Pillinger

BBC News - Colin Pillinger dies after brain haemorrhage

Yes,

A real shame that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

For a short time, it seemed as if a human colony on Mars would be one big scrumpy fuelled punch-up. It will be much more dull now.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I really did feel for the guy when Beagle 2 failed.

Sad times for British science.

Comment

That's a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I really did feel for the guy when Beagle 2 failed. ...
            Me too, although I had mixed feelings of the "mother-in-law driving off a cliff in your new car" variety as the thing was financed by the EU.

Quite a few space scientists and astronomers seem to die of a brain haemorrhage. Maybe so much time spent craning their heads back to peer through telescopes strains and eventually weakens veins in their necks and heads similar to gin-slinger's neck.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Me too, although I had mixed feelings of the "mother-in-law driving off a cliff in your new car" variety as the thing was financed by the EU.
              Quite a few space scientists and astronomers seem to die of a brain haemorrhage. Maybe so much time spent craning their heads back to peer through telescopes strains and eventually weakens veins in their necks and heads similar to gin-slinger's neck.
              Yes I did feel getting the piggy back from the american's did stink a bit of doing it on a budget....

Comment

Working...
              X