• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Party that just keeps on giving. More UKIP clangers.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Party that just keeps on giving. More UKIP clangers.

Can we have a sticky to put all the UKIP silliness in?

Ukip Pays Eastern Europeans To Distribute Leaflets, Despite Warning They Take British Jobs
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Vote UKIN!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      They probably do a great job for a reasonable wage.
      Last edited by speling bee; 8 May 2014, 17:24.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        so they hired a UK firm that is obligated to hire anyone legally allowed to work?

Andrew Spalis, distribution operative at door-to-door distribution firm Fast Leaflet, told the Huffington Post UK that the company has been carrying out work for Ukip and that many of its employees are from Latvia, as well as other parts of Eastern Europe. He said that the firm had "only yesterday" carried out leafleting for the party.
        The Firm's boss hired Eastern Europeans and then accused UKIP of Hypocrisy?

Of course UKIP could have hired direct or imposed an illegal 'No Foreigners' clause on the agency.

not sure there is a story here?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a difference between not letting foreigners in in order to protect jobs, and refusing to give a job to those that are already here (not that I am in favour of either).

Comment

Vote UPIP (The Underpaid People’s Independence Party)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Vote No2EU (for the lefties): No2EU
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Police ask blogger to remove tweet about Ukip | Politics | theguardian.com

Comment

KUATB

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...er-tweets.html

God I hate posts like this. But in the spirit of CUK(being mean and vindictive and nasty) who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    KUATB

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...er-tweets.html

God I hate posts like this. But in the spirit of CUK(being mean and vindictive and nasty) who cares?
                    I did check to see if it had been posted but I didn't think to look in the Business/Contracts forum

Comment

Working...
                    X