• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't critize the grand mufti

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't critize the grand mufti

Saudi Arabia orders 1,000 lashes and ten-year sentence for editor of website that discussed religion - Middle East - World - The Independent

A Saudi Arabian court has sentenced the editor of a website that discussed religion in the ultra-conservative Islamic kingdom to 10 years in jail and 1,000 lashes.

His website included articles that were critical of senior religious figures such as Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti and allegedly insulted Islam and religious authorities, according to Human Rights Watch.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Saudi Arabia orders 1,000 lashes and ten-year sentence for editor of website that discussed religion - Middle East - World - The Independent

A Saudi Arabian court has sentenced the editor of a website that discussed religion in the ultra-conservative Islamic kingdom to 10 years in jail and 1,000 lashes.

His website included articles that were critical of senior religious figures such as Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti and allegedly insulted Islam and religious authorities, according to Human Rights Watch.

So how does the lashs thing work then? If he gets them all in one go he'd be dead. Do they give him one a day or something?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So how does the lashs thing work then? If he gets them all in one go he'd be dead. Do they give him one a day or something?
      I am pretty sure that the Saudis wouldn't be too happy with One a Day!

Well officially obviously - I am sure there would be many Saudis who would love One a Day but I would imagine their Naughty Filters would throw a fit!!!

Comment

It's like one of those crap "win a lifetime's supply of beer" contests where you get one case of beer each month.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X