• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.London domains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.London domains

It sounded like a good idea and as the application process was free, I applied for about 30 .London domains in the vain hope that I might get something.

A couple of weeks later the status of most of the domains I have applied for are showing as "no longer available".

Anyone know why this is? I thought any London domain that isn't a trademark goes into an auction and London residents (i.e. me!) get first bite of the cherry.

As an example, I would have thought that something such as restaurants.london or hotels.london would be available to all Londoners.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 8 May 2014, 20:42.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Some are more equal than others.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

There's still loads of .Luton domains left. All of them, actually......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        There's still loads of .Luton domains left. All of them, actually......
        Apart from one, I just bought ratcatchers.luton
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Apart from one, I just bought ratcatchers.luton
          Kingdingaling.luton is mine
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Kingdingaling.luton is mine
            Oh the ISP misunderstood, they reservered KingBedWetter.luton for you instead.

They said, if you want, they can supply a Gift invoice with the Kingdingaling.luton domain.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post

As an example, I would have thought that something such as restaurants.london or hotels.london would be available to all Londoners.
              Depends what they mean by a right to a domain. They may consider a restaurant chain to have more right to restaurants.london than you.

Have you tried for dogging.london?

Comment

Working...
              X