• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bizarre Browser auto-complete suggestions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bizarre Browser auto-complete suggestions

When I start typing contr... I get "contraception"

I was just looking up "how to break in snooker" and when I got as far as "how to break" the top options were "how to break your arm" "how to break your wrist", "how to break your leg" and "how to break up".

Why are so many people interested in breaking their own limbs?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I was just looking up "how to break in snooker" and when I got as far as "how to break" the top options were "how to break your arm" "how to break your wrist", "how to break your leg" and "how to break up".

At least it wasn't: How to break AndyW's heart.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Sure you weren't on Arkansas.google.com ??
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Google usually completes based on your own search history and what it's AI system think you should be searching for. Think it's giving you a hint.
        Last edited by Unix; 9 May 2014, 08:55.

Comment

I take it the 'dead pakinstani' and the 'parakeet diarrhoea' autocompletes have gone ??
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

What drives me potty is while one is rapidly typing search words in Google, and it pops up the perfect results one is after. But then, before one has time to react and stop typing, it whisks them all away again sometimes never to reappear!

Another infuriating habit of some pages, such as Yahoo's new email interface, is to dynamically extend at the bottom when one approaches it. Sometimes when one positions little more than half way down the page, everything shifts and shrinks as more content is added and one's position is completely lost! It's one of those gimmicks geek web developers think is frightfully clever, but I'm sure most users would much prefer fixed-length pages with arrows or a set of tabs to flip between pages.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X