• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get orf my land!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get orf my land!

Damn right too.

Try cycling into the army woods near me. tulip everywhere, little bags, you can't cycle it walk there for tulip. There is even a notice from the army pleading with people to pick their dogs hit up as they use it for training.

Somerset farmer defends 'prison' style fence built to stop dog walkers straying from path | Mail Online
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Damn right too.

Try cycling into the army woods near me. tulip everywhere, little bags, you can't cycle it walk there for tulip. There is even a notice from the army pleading with people to pick their dogs hit up as they use it for training.

Somerset farmer defends 'prison' style fence built to stop dog walkers straying from path | Mail Online
    £210k for a meadow? Must be a very large field.

I'm in Frome later - will go and have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      There is even a notice from the army pleading with people to pick their dogs hit up as they use it for training.
      Are they that short on ammunition? Don't tell suity. Or vlad

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
        £210k for a meadow? Must be a very large field.

I'm in Frome later - will go and have a look.
        30 acres. 7k is about right for crappy pasture.

Comment

Maybe the army should put up a sign asking soldiers not to pose for photos with dead people?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Maybe the army should put up a sign asking soldiers not to pose for photos with dead people?
            What they did was stupid and unacceptable, but I suspect compassion is hard to come by when you're looking at the body of someone who has just killed and / or injured your comrades.
            Last edited by vwdan; 10 May 2014, 11:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              Agricultural land is about 10K an acre right now ... Dyson is buying everything.
              I've read research from CXO Advisory that agricultural land, amongst other forms of productive land, are amongst the best ways to diversify from stocks. Jim Rogers has been evangelising agricultural land for ages now. Some people are definitely listening.

Comment

Asking nicely ... Any of you been in the service?

I did six years. Believe me taking pictures with dead people isn't the least of it.

Judging people by civilian standards when you've not had a wash for four weeks, its 50 degrees every f*cker is shooting at you and you are wearing full body armour, is very easy.

Seriously I think the whole thing should just be dropped.
                Did you ever take a bowl of spaghetti into the field of conflict?

Comment

Agricultural land is about 10K an acre right now ... Dyson is buying everything.
                  It will of course depend on many factors. Though for whatever reason the parcel in question obviously wasnt.

10k could easily be possible. Mines in the levels and worth about half a crown.

Comment

Working...
                  X