• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To all web developers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all web developers

Can you please stop making websites where I fill in a VERY long online form asking me everything there is possible to ask, making me click submit and then telling me something is wrong with the value in one of the fields, asking me to click a back button, only to be confronted by a fecking completely blank form.

Alliance & Leicester Commercial Bank you know who you are.

Thank you.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Can you please stop making websites where I fill in a VERY long online form asking me everything there is possible to ask, making me click submit and then telling me something is wrong with the value in one of the fields, asking me to click a back button, only to be confronted by a fecking completely blank form.

Thank you.
    The web is sh!te.

God used vb6 to create the world.

against an Oracle(?) back end

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Thank you.
      Browser issue? Clicking back should take you back to the form with the form fields filled in from the POST data.

It's a shabby way of doing it though. They should redisplay the form, complete with your entered data, and an error message within the form.

Lazy coders!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
        against an Oracle(?) back end
        That was version 1. He migrated to a SAS back-end in the current version.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

alot to be said for validator controls and clientside validation
          whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Use Firefox - it caches forms entry data (apart from password), beats IE sh1t big time.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Use Firefox - it caches forms entry data (apart from password), beats IE sh1t big time.
              So does IE. So does every browser I've ever used.

Must agree that FF is much the better browser (except it crashes after opening and closing a large number of tabs. oh, and sometimes after viewing large PDF docs).

The add ons are excellent tho.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                So does IE. So does every browser I've ever used.
                That's not the case - IE is sh1te when it comes to remembering forms values when going back: think they expire from cache very quickly or something like this, where as FireFox is solid in this respect.

Comment

There's no excuse for this..
                  You just write the values in Commarea or to a TS, fill the screen and do a Send Map
                  We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

i believe the increasing use of ajax will further increase your frustration mr prawn!
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                    X