• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just been attacked by a randy pheasant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been attacked by a randy pheasant

Been throwing himself at my window all afternoon, next thing I know the wind blows the front door open & he's in the kitchen. Came at me hammer & tongs & nearly poked my eye out.

Traumatised....

Crikey - Lucky it wasn't one of these brutes
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      Been throwing himself at my window all afternoon, next thing I know the wind blows the front door open & he's in the kitchen. Came at me hammer & tongs & nearly poked my eye out.

Traumatised....
      you stretched its neck and its hanging in the porch now?

I do like pheasant.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Crikey - Lucky it wasn't one of these brutes
        There was a rhea on the loose somewhere for a few weeks. They've got spurs on their feet that can disembowl you if they feel like it.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        When you get it outside ... shotgun...
        Judging by the size of him, I reckon he'd be tough as old boots.

Comment

Traumatised....
          What, the other eye?!?
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There was a rhea on the loose somewhere for a few weeks. They've got spurs on their feet that can disembowl you if they feel like it.

Judging by the size of him, I reckon he'd be tough as old boots.
            Somewhere down south. It got shot. It's owner was moaning in the paper over the weekend but I cba to read about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              When you get it outside ... shotgun...
              Then hang it up until the first maggot drops out, pluck, cook and serve.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I dunno where this one came from, but when you see a swan someone is bound to chirp up with

"Their wings are so strong they can break a man's leg".

a) is this true?
                b) who or what propagated this rumour/fact? Was it someone like Desmond Morris or David Attenborough?

Enquiring minds wish to know...

and should that be Inquiring minds instead?

Enquiring:

ORIGIN Middle English enquere, from Old French enquerre, based on Latin inquirere (based on quaerere ‘seek’).

usage: The traditional distinction between enquire and inquire is that enquire is used for general senses of ‘ask’ while inquire is reserved for uses meaning ‘make a formal investigation’. In practice, however, there little discernible distinction in the way the two words are used today in British English, although inquiry is commoner than enquiry in the sense ‘a formal investigation’. In all senses inquire and inquiry are the more usual forms in US English, whereas enquire and enquiry are chiefly restricted to British English.
                Last edited by Sysman; 12 May 2014, 21:46.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  What, the other eye?!?

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Then hang it up until the first maggot drops out, pluck, cook and serve.
                    He's not a pheasant plucker, he's a pheasant plucker's son
                    He'll go on plucking pheasants till the plucking day is done.

Comment

Working...
                    X