• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't you forget about me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you forget about me

BBC News - EU backs 'right to be forgotten'

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

so he wants to hide some public facts that he doesn't want to share?

hmm.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Credit where it's due, for once the EU is doing something right I reckon.

A lot of young people who rashly post dodgy photos and indiscrete admissions traceable back to them will be disadvantaged if these hang around indefinitely, not to mention the implications of indefinite retention on the rehabilitation of offenders.

The only slight snag is that more pages, perhaps most, will have a built-in expiry date. So links will be even more unreliable than they are today with their limited half-life (about 18 months on average it seems).
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

A lot of young people who rashly post dodgy photos and indiscrete admissions traceable back to them will be disadvantaged if these hang around indefinitely, not to mention the implications of indefinite retention on the rehabilitation of offenders.

The only slight snag is that more pages, perhaps most, will have a built-in expiry date. So links will be even more unreliable than they are today with their limited half-life (about 18 months on average it seems).
        4. UK's Ministry of Justice is seeking British opt-out from any law - it claims that the law "raises unrealistic and unfair expectations"
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Now, I wonder which particular group of "ordinary people" would be very keen to see this enforced...
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Now, I wonder which particular group of "ordinary people" would be very keen to see this enforced...
            Agents who've posted adverts asking for 5 years of experience in a product that was only released last year.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Agents who've posted adverts asking for 5 years of experience in a product that was only released last year.

It's a good answer, but it's not right!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Thing is we were all young once and we have all done some dumb things - we were just lucky that we could not post it online.

However the main problem is that the mealy mouthed small minded middle managment dick eds who think that because some showed their norks 15 years ago they are some how an unsavoury person and not worth employing.

That is the fookin stupid bit.

However I would imagine the story is more about priviledged people who feel that they can do what they want and no one else should know about it - you know cos they are Dave and Ed's mate .

Comment

Working...
                X