• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good eating them Squirrels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good eating them Squirrels

Something Nice squirrel pies are a big hit with customers | Mail Online

How to earn a crust out of squirrels: Customers go nuts for pies made using animal's meat
    Business based in Old Dalby, Leicestershire, is shifting 150 pies a week
    Phil Walmsley, 46, hunts squirrels, then makes pies which sell for £2.50
    Squirrels - which are legal to kill - have dark meat and taste 'gamey'
    Recipe won Mr Walmsley and his wife Katherine, 53, a British Pie Award
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Problem with squirrel pie is what the squirrels eat. I would want to know what my squirrels were fed on.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Problem with squirrel pie is what the squirrels eat. I would want to know what my squirrels were fed on.
      Nuts, seeds, fruits, lichens, buds, mushrooms, pine cones, leaves...and perhaps some litter.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Nuts, seeds, fruits, lichens, buds, mushrooms, pine cones, leaves...and perhaps some litter.
        I use to like squirrels until I saw them dustbin raiding as a pre-teen.

Now the only ones I like are red ones.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I use to like squirrels until I saw them dustbin raiding as a pre-teen.

Now the only ones I like are red ones.
          The grey ones are delicious and you won´t get arrested for eating them. Delicious if you´re already accustomed to game that is.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Problem with squirrel pie is what the squirrels eat.
            In this case they've eaten lead. I think I'd be a little concerned about that.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
            X