• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets have a sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets have a sweepstake

BBC News - Bulgarian and Romanian job figures to be revealed

We''ll get statistics on the number of Bulgarians and Romanians working here later. The baseline is about 144,000. What do people think the new figures will show?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Whatever figure they come up with will be lower than actual due to a lot of them working Cash in Hand.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Whatever figure they come up with will be lower than actual due to a lot of them working Cash in Hand.
      I'm pretty sure they take that into account when doing the sampling. IIRC there was an EU directive regarding official statistics and the black market.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Couldn't resist posting this again;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

They will probably not have risen much, that is not to say there is not a problem with Romanian and Bulgarian migration to the UK.

Comment

We had a van load of them down our street last week, looking for 'any old iron'

the last time i saw that it was a cart being pulled by an orse.

very enterprising folks, i thought
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

indeed the ones who have settled in our area are running a hand car wash

and do a great job for a fiver

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                We had a van load of them down our street last week, looking for 'any old iron'

the last time i saw that it was a cart being pulled by an orse.

very enterprising folks, i thought
                Originally posted by original PM View Post
                indeed the ones who have settled in our area are running a hand car wash

and do a great job for a fiver
                Comin' over 'ere, doing enterprising stuff...

I suppose no locals had the initiative to try these activities?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

140,000 Romanians and Bulgarians were in work in the UK in the three months after lifting of controls, down 4,000 on Q4 but up 28,000 on a year before

From Unemployment Rate Down to 6.8% - Guy Fawkes' blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Comin' over 'ere, doing enterprising stuff...

I suppose no locals had the initiative to try these activities?
                    What, stealing metal of war memorials?

Na, we have not had much of that before.

Comment

Working...
                    X