• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does Couscous make you f*rt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Couscous make you f*rt?

I've recently discovered that I like Couscous but I'm now wondering if it's worse than beans for farting

Poll to follow
    Yes, couscous makes me fart
    37.50%
    No, couscous does not make me fart
    50.00%
    AndyW's mum let's me fart in her face
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I've recently discovered that I like Couscous but I'm now wondering if it's worse than beans for farting

Poll to follow
    Yes indeed Couscous is really bad for wind. Love this Moroccan dish with couscous, chicken and veg though. The farting is just a pleasant by product of a pleasant meal.

Comment

Yes of course it makes you fart. All those Berbers sleeping in the Atlas mountains needed a way to keep the tent warm at night without central heating, so they developed food that makes them fart. Likewise, the Dutch developed their mashed spud, cabbage and onion dishes, the Germans and the northern Italians eat sauerkraut and the British eat baked beans. If it's cold at night, the best food is food that makes you fart.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Yes of course it makes you fart. All those Berbers sleeping in the Atlas mountains needed a way to keep the tent warm at night without central heating, so they developed food that makes them fart. Likewise, the Dutch developed their mashed spud, cabbage and onion dishes, the Germans and the northern Italians eat sauerkraut and the British eat baked beans. If it's cold at night, the best food is food that makes you fart.
        Yeh, but you don't get much sleep though as the person next to you keeps wacking you around the head each time you let one rip as I found out to my cost last weekend having eaten one of the above meals and partaken of a few pints of a local dark beer called Bulltulip
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes, couscous makes me fart 2 40.00%
          No, couscous does not make me fart 3 60.00%
          So who are these freaks that don't fart after eating couscous?

Comment

So who are these freaks that don't fart after eating couscous?
            I didn't know that. I had couscous at lunchtime yesterday - might explain why I was a tad malodourous in the afternoon.

Comment

I did a horrid fart earlier, combo of ammonia and rotting veg, like someone had bleached a bin and done a half arsed job of it.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Yeh, but you don't get much sleep though as the person next to you keeps wacking you around the head each time you let one rip as I found out to my cost last weekend having eaten one of the above meals and partaken of a few pints of a local dark beer called Bulltulip
                It's usually an elbow in my rather sensitive ribs at Tester Manor.
                One great advantage of sleeping in a hotel near clientco is that I can fart, belch and snore to my heart's content without fear of some old injury being targeted. So I do; I'll have a glass or more of La Chouffe this evening and I believe there's beef stew with pickled onions on the menu . Pfffrrt.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  Yes indeed Couscous is really bad for wind
                  Yes of course it makes you fart
                  Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Yeh
                  Sheesh, I've got a darned cupboard full of the stuff now

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Sheesh, I've got a darned cupboard full of the stuff now
                    Then buy a hot air balloon and you might not need the propane tanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X