• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A new approach to offshoring

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new approach to offshoring

Pay them the money, but keep doing the actual work on-shore. It saves time and money in the long run.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Pay them the money, but keep doing the actual work on-shore. It saves time and money in the long run.
    or even better give them the simple stuff and then get senior managers to fill in 6 page forms to get a new user which the offshore team then screw up. Getting the user fixed is another two calls (and costs). Senior managers then yell at old staff that are left because they can't get a user that used to be done in 24 hours. You try not to laugh!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Senior managers then yell at old staff that are left because they can't get a user that used to be done in 24 hours. You try not to laugh!
      They "saved" a fortune though.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        They "saved" a fortune in Budget A and the manager responsible got a whacking bonus though.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          In my current contract they off-shored and then took all the Indians onshore in th eUK officeso they can keep an eye on them.
          Second time I see this

Offshoring gone mad

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            In my current contract they off-shored and then took all the Indians onshore in th eUK officeso they can keep an eye on them.
            Second time I see this
            Yes, I've seen this; it seems to be gaining pace. The term I heard for this is "offshore-onshoring"

Comment

report it, they may not be entitled to Visas.

Comment

Working...
              X