• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horrible thought

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible thought

In all the religious arguments on here somebody always says of Chico, how do you know your religion is the right one?

How about this possibility? They are all right. When the end days come (in about ten years according to many) we might find ourselves being fought over by Jehovah, Christ and Allah plus lots of minor parties right down to lesser gods like Haille Salasse and the Duke of Edinburgh. It will be like a never ending general election on a cosmic scale. Nightmare. Anyway, my vote is already cast for the devil.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

They can't be all right: in any case, what's the problem - in afterlife (if it exists, which obviously it does not) we will have plenty of time to think algorithms over, probably read whole of Knuth over and over again.

Comment

They could all be right. It is entirely feasible for an individuals soul to end up wherever the individual expected or wished it to go according to their own beliefs. That way everyone is right, but only for themselves, not others.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
        They could all be right. It is entirely feasible for an individuals soul to end up wherever the individual expected or wished it to go according to their own beliefs. That way everyone is right, but only for themselves, not others.
        I like the way you are thinking
        will you be my friend ?

One horrible thought though

I might get an eternity of bjs, lager and curries ,but whose religion demands their followers to service EO in the afterlife

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
        X