• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal Meat?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halal Meat?

There has been a lot of news about some Fast Food Franchise only using Halal meat now to appeal to strict Religious consumers.
    They think most people will not care about Animal Welfare and would rather have cheep food. But its interesting to see some Food Franchises swinging the other way like Toby Cavery Toby Carvery: Halal guidance
    What are you views ?

If you dont know what Halal is :

To be halal, the food must have come from a supplier that uses halal practises. Specifically the slaughter must be performed by a Muslim, who must invoke the name of Allah prior to killing the animal. Commonly a person will say 'Bismillah' ('In the name of God') before repeating 'Allahu akbar' ('God is the greatest') three times.
    The animal is then slaughtered with a sharp knife, by cutting the throat, windpipe and blood vessels in the neck without cutting the spinal cord. The blood must then be drained from the veins of the animal.
    Traditionally and according to Islamic scholars an animal must be conscious while slaughtered.

Same as Kosher (apart from the prayer) and no-one complains about that.

Halal, Is it Meat Your Looking For?

Comment

I really don't care.

I wonder whether the food at a Toby Carvery might taste better if it were halal, and conversely, whether Subway might be edible if it weren't.

If I worried about animal welfare, I'd be a vegetarian.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I really don't care.

I wonder whether the food at a Toby Carvery might taste better if it were halal, and conversely, whether Subway might be edible if it weren't.

If I worried about animal welfare, I'd be a vegetarian.
        Agree, if God would have wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made cows meat-flavoured......

Comment

Plan B.

I'm considering selling Halal Bacon to Muslims, depends if I can persuade the pig to have a wash before it gets it's throat cut and bleeds to death.

Comment

I have to admit some aspects of Sharia law are abhorrent to me. This Halal butchery sounds offal too.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              I have to admit some aspects of Sharia law are abhorrent to me. This Halal butchery sounds offal too.
              Sharia Law will never take off, there's no interest.

see what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Plan B.

I'm considering selling Halal Bacon to Muslims, depends if I can persuade the pig to have a wash before it gets it's throat cut and bleeds to death.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Same as Kosher (apart from the prayer) and no-one complains about that.
                  People wouldn't dare - :nazi:
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sharia Law will never take off, there's no interest.

see what I did there?
                    No
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X