• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ recipes

So the good weather is finally here but for how long?

Following on from eeks comment in the weekend thread, what's your ''go-to'' bbq recipe?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Following on from eeks comment in the weekend thread, what's your ''go-to'' bbq recipe?
    Meat + Fire. That is all.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I do a nice bit of pork belly in a maple syrup glaze. Needs a good couple of hours over an indirect heat, mind you, but I normally get the crackling good and crispy.

Comment

A tikka/tandoori or masala sauce...goes great with a charcoal barbecue on almost any meat or veg
        Join IPSE

Comment

This is the book that I go to for all my BBQ recipes. I'm crap at cooking but this starts from the basics and walks you through in a simple and straightforward way. I'm taking it on holiday with me

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Webers-Compl...+barbeque+book

Comment

Kudu steaks, marinaded in some spontaneously mixed up splodge of pepper, paprika, garlic and oil for a couple of days.

Crocodile saté, likewise marinaded.

South African style Chili, Coriander and Lime Sauce.

Barbecued bananas and vanilla ice cream for pud

Charcoal and wood, cast iron barbecue;

Wine; lots of it, please.

And absolutely not that poofty-woofty Dutch excuse for a BBQ with gas burners and the whole selection of industrial 'Calvé' sauces and paper plates and useless plastic knives and forks. Same goes for a braai; stuff your gas bottles, get it right with a hot fire that actually heats up the braai enough to sear the meat instantly instead of waiting all bloody afternoon for a piece of bacon to turn into an old shoe.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 16 May 2014, 08:46.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

This guy is pretty good and his book is really useful as well.

Adam Perry Lang | Official site with recipes, books and the latest happenings

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pitt-Cue-Co-.../dp/1845337565

My favourite is roast chicken either with nowt or spiced, but I also like to do a spiced lamb shoulder and slow cook that, or just good old spare ribs with a nice bbq sauce. Fish is also nice and I prefer to cook whole rather than fillets.

What is your favourite tipple beer, wine, cocktails? ( for HyperD).
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What is your favourite tipple beer, wine, cocktails? ( for HyperD).
                Mine used to be a nice cold Augustiner or Hacker Pschorr helles or a Fransiskaner weissbier but these days I'm alcohol free. I can probably get away with one of the 0.5% low alcohol Weinstephaner weissbier they sell in the local Tesco though. That's quite drinkable. The alcohol free lager is foul though.

I did used to like a nice bottle of wine as well. A good Barolo, a nice Chablis, or something from WA where I did a tour of the vineyards once. Vasse Felix tends to be the one that turns up in supermarkets most often. I'm quite fond of the Petaluma ones as well.

My favourite cocktails are all whiskey or bourbon based so more of an evening / nighttime drink.
                Last edited by doodab; 16 May 2014, 08:38.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm hungry now!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    I'm hungry now!
                    So am I. Time for a fry up I think.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X