• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to go in france for holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to go in france for holiday

I was thinking of taking the family to France for holiday at end on July for a 7day trip. I had somewhere around montpelleir in mind as close to the sea. The last time I was in that area was probably about 20yrs ago.

Problems is we can't fly as my 10yr old daughter can scream the plane down due to ear pain and would cry on a mere mention of any travel involving planes

Montpelleir is a very long a 12hr drive so not even sure if it is worth it.

So please can you recommend other places in france that would be good at that time of the year

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    I was thinking of taking the family to France for holiday at end on July for a 7day trip. I had somewhere around montpelleir in mind as close to the sea. The last time I was in that area was probably about 20yrs ago.

Problems is we can't fly as my 10yr old daughter can scream the plane down due to ear pain and would cry on a mere mention of any travel involving planes

So please can you recommend other places in france that would be good at that time of the year
    Try the Atlantic coast. Île de Ré is very kid friendly. 6 or 7 hours from Calais.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Italy
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

France is great apart from the French.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          lol, I am sure they can say far worse about brits

Comment

Can you not just Eurostar to Paris? Plenty of nice places to stay in the outskirts, and then you can pop into the City to do touristy things. I was there recently and a French tourguide told me that all the French leave the City in July & August, so presumably it won't be too busy there either.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
              Ferry to Bilbao and then 6 hour drive?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I might try asking my daughter is she will upgrade her Ipod to Iphone provided she goes on a plane but wont hold my breath.

Île de Ré does look good on google maps

I wonder how center parcs are in france

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Ferry to Bilbao and then stay in Bilbao
                  ftfy
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    They just pretend to be dreadful to keep you away.
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X