• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP Interview

This was on earlier it is a video

I don't know why anyone votes UKIP when it's clear their leader is a dumbass whose policies if in force would cause problems for his own immediate family.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I don't know why anyone votes UKIP when it's clear their leader is a dumbass whose policies if in force would cause problems for his own immediate family.
    Yes anyone who wants independence for this country must be a 'dumbass'

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      Yes anyone who wants independence for this country must be a 'dumbass'
      Spot the straw man argument.

(By the way, I don't think Nigel Farage is dumb; I disagree with him on how to achieve the kind of European agreement that would work better than the current EU)
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The establishment are doing their level best just before the Euro elections to smear Farage and UKIP. Any link between a racist whether it be a person, thought or statement can be made with any party. Let us not forget that UKIP is committed to taking us out of the EU and clamping down on the unfettered immigration of the past 20 years.

Whether we want Farage and UKIP to run the country is of no relevance, we simply want our politicians to do something about these problems.

At least Farage and UKIP are talking about policies instead of stage managing their presentation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...profiting.html
        Last edited by DodgyAgent; 16 May 2014, 12:15.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Spot the straw man argument. ...
          Thanks for the heads up - I spotted it!

Originally posted by SueEllen
          I don't know why anyone votes UKIP when it's clear their leader is a dumbass ...
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Thanks for the heads up - I spotted it!
            No, that's the ad hominem fallacy, but well done anyway!

I really don't think that all this insulting is the way to persuade anybody either way. It certainly doesn't persuade me of the case for leaving the EU when people insult Herman van Rompuy, and I can't see others being persuaded to stay in by insulting Nigel Farage.

Comment

Good thread by a dumbass.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

This
                You like your politicians to be driven entirely by self interest then?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  You like your politicians to be driven entirely by self interest then?
                  Another straw man argument!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    No, that's the ad hominem fallacy, but well done anyway!

I really don't think that all this insulting is the way to persuade anybody either way. It certainly doesn't persuade me of the case for leaving the EU when people insult Herman van Rompuy, and I can't see others being persuaded to stay in by insulting Nigel Farage.
                    Herman von Rumpey and the rest of the EU bureaucrats. need to be insulted, satarised and challenged just as the rest of us do whenever we get above ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X