• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Required documentation to start employer pension contribution using own ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required documentation to start employer pension contribution using own ltd company

Hi,

I am going to start contribution towards employee pension (which is me) using my own limited company.
    Please could you advise what documents do I need to prepare officially to show company is now starting employee contribution.

I am not even sure if I do need to prepare any document at all or not.
    e.g. minutes of meeting, memo distributed to employee showing company interested in pension contribution, ID proofs etc

Thanks.

I normally just grab a crayon and scribble on a Post-It, then stick it on the fridge in case anyone needs to know.....

Seriously, though, what does your Accountant say? Have you considered the best approach of making pension contributions, i.e. direct from YourCo or from personal funds - there are differing schools of thought and benefits et al., depending on circumstance. Did I ask what your Accountant thinks?
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Talk to your accountant and your IFA, and see what's more tax efficient before you do anything. Also ensure that the pension company is give the correct information on whether to treat the contributions as net (employee) or gross (employer).
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by samsg30 View Post
        Please could you advise what documents do I need to prepare officially to show company is now starting employee contribution.
        I make a regular payment into the pension plan for myself and the company secretary. We have no company paperwork for this, just a regular payment that comes out of the bank account each month.

My accountant asked me to check that the pension company were aware that these were employer contributions rather than employee contributions, which they were.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Accountant believes pension contribution from company is good and so as many other articles I have read... so I am definitely going to contribute towards it.
          Its just I am not clear on the documentation to keep.

Pension once started will be paid from company's account and managing company would know this is employer's contribution.
          But like starting childcare voucher scheme, company has to produce some documets, is there any such requirement for starting pension contribution on behalf of employee.

Comment

Accountant believes pension contribution from company is good and so as many other articles I have read... so I am definitely going to contribute towards it.
            Its just I am not clear on the documentation to keep.

Pension once started will be paid from company's account and managing company would know this is employer's contribution.
            But like starting childcare voucher scheme, company has to produce some documets, is there any such requirement for starting pension contribution on behalf of employee.
            Well it appears you have an accountant so why are you not asking him these questions. You are paying for his professional services after all.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Well it appears you have an accountant so why are you not asking him these questions. You are paying for his professional services after all.....
              good suggestion
              I already asked before coming here and they think there isn't. Guess forum has more professionals who can answer this.

Comment

is there any such requirement for starting pension contribution on behalf of employee.
                No
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                X