• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i quit IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i quit IT

its true.

i leave holland in 3 weeks.

i am not going back to trawling through jobserve.

i quit IT. i am no longer seeking IT monkey work.

i leave with 30k in the bank. a girl. a 2 week holiday in the sun. no debt or loans. a new business in my backpocket. a cash-in-hand job labouring for a for 2 months before my new business kicks off.

bye bye IT

Comment

Lucky barsteward !

I'd give anything to get out of IT !

what are you gonna do ? what business ?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
        Lucky barsteward !

I'd give anything to get out of IT !

what are you gonna do ? what business ?
        He's going to become a 419er!

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
          what business ?
          Rentboy
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
            its true.

So what happened? Was I right? Did you masturbate in front of your dutch colleague?

How come you leaving the job? Sounded like heaven when you said it initially.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

i leave with 30k in the bank
              Is that all?
              We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

i leave with 30k in the bank. a girl. a 2 week holiday in the sun. no debt or loans. a new business in my backpocket. a cash-in-hand job labouring for a for 2 months before my new business kicks off.

bye bye IT
                el, I know the Dutch are meant to be liberated but I'm pretty certain that kidnapping is still not allowed.

Comment

now that would be 'telling' my son.

lets just say its something i have a 'passion' for.

if i ever need a quick cash injection, then a 3 month monkey IT contract may rear its head. however for the time being. thats it for me.

hheeeheeehee.

Comment

its true.

i quit IT. i am no longer seeking IT monkey work.

bye bye IT
                    You should have done your ground work and research before you went. Is that your first time working in Holland? The problem with what you are doing is that the Dutch Company that you worked for will now think twice before taking on UK contractors. When I worked Holland I got really tiered of some UK contractors coming out and then in a matter of weeks getting home sick running home. If you can’t hack it, don’t do it.

Good luck with your new venture.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X