• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Company" fines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Company" fines

My idiot driver* got stopped for speeding whilst driving me to my temporary place of work this morning.

I don't pay him any salary so I guess my LTD is going to have to pay the fine for him.

It shows the same level of incompetence that my stupid finance clerk** showed when going overdrawn last month and incurring bank charges. Charges which my LTD will have to pay because I don't pay him a salary either.

Luckily, I can offset them both against tax. Surely. Come on HMRC!

*My idiot driver is me.
    **My stupid finance clerk is also me.

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

*My idiot driver is me.
    Only Terry Pratchet can pull off the * and ** comments and make em funny.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
      My idiot driver* got stopped for speeding whilst driving me to my temporary place of work this morning.

I don't pay him any salary so I guess my LTD is going to have to pay the fine for him.

It shows the same level of incompetence that my stupid finance clerk** showed when going overdrawn last month and incurring bank charges. Charges which my LTD will have to pay because I don't pay him a salary either.

Luckily, I can offset them both against tax. Surely. Come on HMRC!

*My idiot driver is me.
      Will you be paying BIK on these, or are you hoping that your company will be being down to pick up the soap in the showers?
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

As you hired both of these incompetent people I would say sack yourself
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Pretty sure you can't put speeding fines through yourCo...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            +1

but bank charges are fine, even tax deductible.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Of course you can. There's a BIK.
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

You cannot claim for fines when you break the law, unless it's treated as a benefit in kind (the company paying your personal liability). The same goes for legal fees - you can claim them if you win, but not if you lose.

Oddly though I think it was Gordon Ramsey who appealed parking fines and got away with it, because he got so many it was deemed to be a part of his trading expenditure. He had to park outside his restaurants in London, there was never anywhere to park, so he got them on a daily basis.
                ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  As you hired both of these incompetent people I would say sack yourself
                  I agree. I'll be having a meeting with the board later this week.

Comment

How fast were you going?

You could try asking at advice site: PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice
                    However these days they are very much on the side of the police not the driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X