• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just stood my ground against 10 would be bullies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stood my ground against 10 would be bullies

They want me to change the timeout on a Dev server so it no longer matches the production server configuration claiming that it would aid them in meeting an important deadline. Was continuously aggressive despite how polite everybody else was.

While it may solve their immediate issue, I have to follow best practice in live and they merely want to perform shortcuts now which will bite us later when it goes wrong in live...

Thankfully they eventually gave up and walked out f'ing and blinding.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    They want me to change the timeout on a Dev server so it no longer matches the production server configuration claiming that it would aid them in meeting an important deadline. Was continuously aggressive despite how polite everybody else was.

While it may solve their immediate issue, I have to follow best practice in live and they merely want to perform shortcuts now which will bite us later when it goes wrong in live...

Thankfully they eventually gave up and walked out f'ing and blinding.
    B-

Its important that your view shows you as pleasant & lovely despite you letting down their tyres and you giving their wife, pet sheep & Jack Russell an STD.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      B-

Its important that your view shows you as pleasant & lovely despite you letting down their tyres and you giving their wife, pet sheep & Jack Russell an STD.
      No, its important that you don't do anything immediately. As Bob Howard states, revenge is best served with a little bit of preparation, time to provide a false sense of security and then maximum vindictiveness....

Comment

No, its important that you don't do anything immediately. As Bob Howard states, revenge is best served with a little bit of preparation, time to provide a false sense of security and then maximum vindictiveness....
        I assumed in true BOFH style you had made a pre-emptive strike (or shag).

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I assumed in true BOFH style you had made a pre-emptive strike (or shag).
          Do you really think a 5nanosecond timeout on SQL server is best practice or just for my own fun

Comment

This.
            I wreaked my revenge on someone 10 years after the initial incident.
            Was very satisfying.

Comment

Do you really think a 5nanosecond timeout on SQL server is best practice or just for my own fun
              oh they were probably wrong but that isn't the point.

Comment

It's been 5 years and MF doesn't suspect a thing
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  It's been 5 years and MF doesn't suspect a thing
                  When MF goes the police and they ask him if has upset anyone recently he will say "well only a couple of thousand this week"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    When MF goes the police and they ask him if has upset anyone recently he will say "well only a couple of thousand this week"
                    I assume everyone is out to get me and so always strike first! My kids school is now looking for another lollipop lady.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X