• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote CBA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote CBA

I could go to the polling station which is miles away and tick a box next to someone that isn't UKIP in a futile effort to make sure they don't get elected. Or I could have another chocolate eclair followed by a nap.

I vote for cream filled chocolate topped choux pastry. Nom.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I could go to the polling station which is miles away and tick a box next to someone that isn't UKIP in a futile effort to make sure they don't get elected. Or I could have another chocolate eclair followed by a nap.

I find a postal vote solves all having to walk a long way issues. It also means I actually do vote because its hassle free. So I voted monster raving looney last Friday...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I find a postal vote solves all having to walk a long way issues. It also means actually do vote because its hassle free. So I voted monster raving looney last Friday...
      The post box is quite a long way away as well. Although I may have to go there anyway to send back some lovefilm DVDs.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I find a postal vote solves all having to walk a long way issues.
        Wouldn't the pastry get squashed in the envelope?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What I could really do with is an apple turnover.

Comment

a cake, long in shape but short in duration
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Is that the dyslexic ABC party?

Comment

Days you can vote:

Thursday - UK and Netherlands
                Friday - Ireland and Czech Republic
                Saturday - Czech Republic, Latvia, Slovakia, Malta and French Overseas Territories
                Sunday - every other bugger

Now why does the UK (and the Netherlands) insist on Thursday, a normal working day, so that people have to got out of their way to vote whereas practically everyone else uses the weekend so you can do it at leisure? For example, I will pop along to the papershop and get my papers, then I will go along to the cafe and have a relaxing breakfast and on the way home, pop in and vote. I see families take their Sunday stroll together and use that as an excuse to vote, why not the UK? BTW, that also goes for country and local elections....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Days you can vote:

Thursday - UK and Netherlands
                  Friday - Ireland and Czech Republic
                  Saturday - Czech Republic, Latvia, Slovakia, Malta and French Overseas Territories
                  Sunday - every other bugger

Now why does the UK (and the Netherlands) insist on Thursday, a normal working day, so that people have to got out of their way to vote whereas practically everyone else uses the weekend so you can do it at leisure? For example, I will pop along to the papershop and get my papers, then I will go along to the cafe and have a relaxing breakfast and on the way home, pop in and vote. I see families take their Sunday stroll together and use that as an excuse to vote, why not the UK? BTW, that also goes for country and local elections....
                  It's a conspiracy against hard working people to make sure only the workshy lefty benefit scroungers vote!
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My polling station was the local primary school, so presumably all the parents had to arrange days off.

They should keep the polling stations open longer - at least an hour past pub closing time.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X