• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should police be allowed to seize Manchester terrorist's family home?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should police be allowed to seize Manchester terrorist's family home?

BBC News - Police bid to seize Manchester terrorist's family home

I would like to know if he bought the house with terrorist money? Under what grounds it was transfered to his wife/daughter? And why his wife did not divorce him to make sure she kept the house?

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Police bid to seize Manchester terrorist's family home

I would like to know if he bought the house with terrorist money? Under what grounds it was transfered to his wife/daughter? And why his wife did not divorce him to make sure she kept the house?
    Surely he could have sold it to a trust in the Dutch Antilles, put the cash offshore and signed a secured tenancy lease denominated in a fast depreciating foreign currency?
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

The house is estimated to be worth about £200,000
      Well, glad that bit's cleared up!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Well, glad that bit's cleared up!
        I want to know why two undercover police officers were trying to join jihadi groups in Afghanistan. I'm starting to think Theresa May has a point.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          I want to know why two undercover police officers were trying to join jihadi groups in Afghanistan. I'm starting to think Theresa May has a point.
          Munir Farooqi, from Longsight, Manchester, was given four life sentences in 2011 after he tried to recruit two undercover police officers for jihad in Afghanistan.
          He tried to recruit them, but did they try to join?

Comment

Well, I doubt he just went down the local coppers' boozer and asked around to see if anyone was interested.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Well, I doubt he just went down the local coppers' boozer and asked around to see if anyone was interested.
              Is that what Theresa May does on a Friday night?

Comment

Is that what Theresa May does on a Friday night?
                She won't any more, now she's locked in the boot of Dodgy's chocolate brown Ford Cortina.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

In the USA entrapment is allowed - but I didn't think it was in the UK. Did the cops ask to be recruited?
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    In the USA entrapment is allowed - but I didn't think it was in the UK. Did the cops ask to be recruited?
                    I have heard of vans with back door open being planted near oxford street - so some form of entrapment is allowed.

Comment

Working...
                    X