• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIP!

Election results 2014: Ukip blames London election performance on difficulty appealing to the 'educated and cultured' - UK Politics - UK - The Independent

Ukip blames London election performance on difficulty appealing to the 'educated and cultured'
    Can it really be that difficult?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

That sounds almost as bad as just admitting "we are the party of the stupid, ignorant and old".

She left out scared, though.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I think you'll find she said (from thehuff amongst others):

"As you say, we do have a more media-savvy, well-educated population in London, and they are more likely, I think, to have read some of the negative press that's been about us and I think they've been more likely to believe it.

Look at the social demographic. You have lots of metropolitan elite that I think cannot really understand the heartache and the pain that many people around the country are feeling"
      Why the feck do you lot keep believing verbatim the sh1t that comes out of the MSM? You're just puppets.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        I think you'll find she said (from thehuff amongst others):

Why the feck do you lot keep believing verbatim the sh1t that comes out of the MSM? You're just puppets.
        Because we're 'media-savvy and well-educated'?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Because we're 'media-savvy and well-educated'?
          You're wrong on the first point but right on the second. And that's my point.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            You're wrong on the first point but right on the second. And that's my point.
            Of course I don't believe all the tulip in the papers.

This bit DOES interest me though and maybe she has a point;

Look at the social demographic. You have lots of metropolitan elite that I think cannot really understand the heartache and the pain that many people around the country are feeling"
            Personally, no, I don't understand the 'heartache and the pain' although I'd like too. I find it hard to understand that so many people, aside from those who are so poor they can't pay for the basics or those suffering from clinical despression, are feeling so much 'heartache and pain'. Is life really so tulip outside my OK neighbourhood? WHAT is so tulip about life? Really I need to understand this.

Comment

London is so much different from the rest of the UK:
              This is why Londoners are not interested in UKIP

1. Londoners don't own lawn mowers to steal
              2. Brick lane is regarded as Quaint and a "must go to venue" for the middle class leftie liberals
              3. Poor people and ethnic groups have their own ghettos so they are welcome to keep Hounslow
              4. London is too expensive a place to locate to unless you have a well paid job so we get all the best immigrants
              5. London employs thousands of community support officers to make sure immigrants find their way to Victoria coach station to go and live somewhere else
              6.. London is the repository for all the talented entrepreneurial go getters from France, Germany and Italy so why would we want to pull out of the EU
              7. Buying British is associated with morris dancing
              8. Londoners drink lager and wine from Europe not bitter
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                London is so much different from the rest of the UK:
                Yep, but you haven't answered my question; according to the woman from UKIP "You have lots of metropolitan elite that I think cannot really understand the heartache and the pain that many people around the country are feeling"

What is this heartache and pain? How bad is the rest of England? I was in Birmingham only a few weeks ago; seemed OK, in fact it seemed better than 20 years ago.

Comment

Yep, but you haven't answered my question; according to the woman from UKIP "You have lots of metropolitan elite that I think cannot really understand the heartache and the pain that many people around the country are feeling"

What is this heartache and pain? How bad is the rest of England? I was in Birmingham only a few weeks ago; seemed OK, in fact it seemed better than 20 years ago.
                  Birmingham is fine. Birmingham's children's services department still haunted by 'widespread' failures, says Ofsted - Birmingham Mail

A great place. Perhaps you should try speaking to the working classes who have to share neighbourhoods with immigrants
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Maybe you need to live there to understand the "heartache and pain".
                    If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X