• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Prix

It's looking like we could have a cracking race on our hands this weekend. If only this one was on the BBC...
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

First corner will be interesting. Lewis is not a happy chappy with Nico after qualifying yesterday

Comment

Right after a rather exciting European cup final last night as well. We are having a good sport weekend aren't we...
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        It's looking like we could have a cracking race on our hands this weekend. If only this one was on the BBC...
        I don't really follow F1 any more but I always watch the Monaco GP just as I don't follow horse racing but always watch the Derby.

Bloody disgrace that this event isn't being shown on free to air.

Comment

It hasn't been on free to air since 2008, and then we had to put up with adverts in the race.

Surely you contractors can afford Sky? If you've chosen not to have it then you've chosen not to see the Monaco GP live, so why are you moaning?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            It hasn't been on free to air since 2008, and then we had to put up with adverts in the race.

Surely you contractors can afford Sky? If you've chosen not to have it then you've chosen not to see the Monaco GP live, so why are you moaning?
            No cable out here. I'm in a conservation area too so getting a dish isn't easy even if we wanted one.

Comment

I am an ex sky customer. If they made single events or particular sports available via streaming on a pay per view basis I'd probably pay but stumping up £600 a year to watch the Monaco GP seems rather excessive.

Not to mention that their customer service was tulipe and the boxes tended to fail willy nilly. They initially charged me £90 to have some bloke come around and plug a box into an existing dish. I got through five boxes in three years because their cheap tulipty power supplies kept failing. Three of those failed in the same week and all were second hand ones that had been previously repaired. One of them had the repair sticker over the ventilation holes where the fan was and lasted less than an hour. And this was after I had to threaten to leave in order to get a new one out of them, initially they expected me to pay it!

I was happy to see the back of their satellite service TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I am an ex sky customer. If they made single events or particular sports available via streaming on a pay per view basis I'd probably pay but stumping up £600 a year to watch the Monaco GP seems rather excessive.

Not to mention that their customer service was tulipe and the boxes tended to fail willy nilly. They initially charged me £90 to have some bloke come around and plug a box into an existing dish. I got through five boxes in three years because their cheap tulipty power supplies kept failing. Three of those failed in the same week and all were second hand ones that had been previously repaired. One of them had the repair sticker over the ventilation holes where the fan was and lasted less than an hour. And this was after I had to threaten to leave in order to get a new one out of them, initially they expected me to pay it!

I was happy to see the back of their satellite service TBH.
                I have Sky for the football mainly. It was worth it last night because they were showing the Champions League final as well as ITV so I didn't need to listen to Andy flipping numpty Townsend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I have Sky for the football mainly. It was worth it last night because they were showing the Champions League final as well as ITV so I didn't need to listen to Andy flipping numpty Townsend.
                  he is quite annoying. It would be nice to have a choice of audio tracks so you can switch commentary off completely.

Comment

Yep but to get F1 now I have to spend £260 a year for Sky Sports which I would never watch...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X