• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exhilaration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhilaration

Wow.. Just been taken for a spin in a Ferrari Testarossa (one of the regulars in my local, in case you're wondering).

Quick blast up the A30 and back but the golden moment came as we turned onto Crewkerne High Street.

A group of youths that were stood on the corner did a double take and in slow motion their lips mouthed the word "Ferr-rarr-ee" in unison as we cruised past with Phil Collins' Sussudio blaring out.

What a buzz!

You had me up to Phil Col....
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Phil Collins is brill. Testarossa SOUNDS RUDE! Why can't I find that Blackadder bit on Youtube? Even more incomprehensible than usual? Must be vodka, fags and lady from next door.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you're going to make boring crap up with that sockpuppet, at least try to make it marginally believable.

I really don't understand what kick you get from lying like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
          Wow.. Just been taken for a spin in a Ferrari Testarossa (one of the regulars in my local, in case you're wondering).
          Nice!

Comment

Did he pull?

Comment

Did you touch his gear stick?

Comment

their lips mouthed the word "Ferr-rarr-ee" in unison
                Lip reading is hard.

For example, "Fer-rar-i" would, to somebody unskilled therein, look the same as "Fu… wan… kers".

Colin Dexter wrote an Inspector Morse novel, later adapted for television, whose plot was predicated on this ("The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn"); and David Lodge (who has himself suffered hearing loss) has used it as a device in several novels.

So they probably just thought you were a bunch of *****.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Lip reading is hard.

For example, "Fer-rar-i" would, to somebody unskilled therein, look the same as "Fu… wan… kers".

Colin Dexter wrote an Inspector Morse novel, later adapted for television, whose plot was predicated on this ("The Silent World of Nicholas Quinn"); and David Lodge (who has himself suffered hearing loss) has used it as a device in several novels.

So they probably just thought you were a bunch of *****.
                  Could they have been mouthing "Fu......cukkers"?

Comment

The sockies are pathetic now, bring back Wilmslow.

Comment

Working...
                    X