• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukip! Ukip! Ukip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukip! Ukip! Ukip!

Ukip storms European elections - Telegraph

BBC News - Farage hails 'extraordinary' UKIP win in European election

Ukip wins European elections with ease to set off political earthquake | Politics | theguardian.com

UKIP, who don't agree with the EU, are representing us in the EU, which has no say in our continued membership of the EU. The only way they can minimise the EU's control over the UK is by being as active as possible in the EU parliament.

As a UKIP supporter I assume you can asnwer my question: what HAVE they said they would do as MEPs? How will they use MEP status to forward their causes?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      UKIP, who don't agree with the EU, are representing us in the EU, which has no say in our continued membership of the EU. The only way they can minimise the EU's control over the UK is by being as active as possible in the EU parliament.

As a UKIP supporter I assume you can asnwer my question: what HAVE they said they would do as MEPs? How will they use MEP status to forward their causes?
      UK has 9% of the MEP's in the Parliament.
      UKIP now has 3.2% of the MEP's in the EU Parliament.

It's an obvious question but how can we possibly minimise EU control over this country when 91 % of the EU parliament is non-British ?

UKIP will use the money from the EU to improve the Party infrastructure. More money for think tanks, focus groups, admin, all the essential elements of a modern political party.

More money = more poltical success = getting us out of the EU as quickly as possible.

With luck and a fair wind this will be the last EU election we ever vote in.
      Last edited by Flashman; 26 May 2014, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        UK has 9% of the MEP's in the Parliament.
        UKIP now has 3.2% of the MEP's in the EU Parliament.

It's an obvious question but how can we possibly minimise EU control over this country when 91 % of the EU parliament is non-British ?

UKIP will use the money from the EU to improve the Party infrastructure. More money for think tanks, focus groups, admin, all the essential elements of a modern political party.

More money = more poltical success = getting us out of the EU as quickly as possible.

With luck and a fair wind this will be the last EU election we ever vote in.
        Bollocks..

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the only likely outcome from this, assuming the major parties don't wake up and challenge UKIP properly, is ten years of Ed Millipede and the aptly named Balls. And apart from the economic disaster that represents, it also means no referendum on EU membership, since the unions like Europe.

As for the importance, I have no idea who my 6 MEPs in the South West are and never have done. More to the point, there aren't any UKIP ones at all. This was a protest vote; much of it will be reversed when we get to an election that actually matters.

It is a measure of how delusional UKIP are that they see this as a victory. It is, for them, but it's the compete opposite for the UK.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Bollocks..

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the only likely outcome from this, assuming the major parties don't wake up and challenge UKIP properly, is ten years of Ed Millipede and the aptly named Balls. And apart from the economic disaster that represents, it also means no referendum on EU membership, since the unions like Europe.

As for the importance, I have no idea who my 6 MEPs in the South West are and never have done. More to the point, there aren't any UKIP ones at all. This was a protest vote; much of it will be reversed when we get to an election that actually matters.

It is a measure of how delusional UKIP are that they see this as a victory. It is, for them, but it's the compete opposite for the UK.
          WHS +1
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As UKIP MEPs rarely turn up and vote this makes it about 3% easier for the EU to do all the bad things it's accused of. Oops.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well a lot of people who fell for the UKIP=Racist biggots campaign should be humbled today after the voters have spoken very clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                I disagree.

UKIP's success in the EU elections tells the main parties what voters think about EU integration and high net immigration numbers, which those parties have actually encouraged up to now.

The tories have already started talking about new limits on EU immigration in the light of this result.

Labour have a weak leadership at the moment but will get round to some policy change eventually.

However these are core policies for the Lib Dems, so I'm not sure where they go from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  However these are core policies for the Lib Dems, so I'm not sure where they go from here.
                  With the effect of the Lib Dems being in coalition power and the way their policies were abandoned for the sake of retaining power, it's fairly safe to say they will be back to 20+ years ago when they barely had a political pot to p1ss in.

I fully expect the next General Election to see the Lib Dems with very few Westminster seats, possibly in single figures.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    With the effect of the Lib Dems being in coalition power and the way their policies were abandoned for the sake of retaining power, it's fairly safe to say they will be back to 20+ years ago when they barely had a political pot to p1ss in.

I fully expect the next General Election to see the Lib Dems with very few Westminster seats, possibly in single figures.
                    I agree with you there. I think a lot of their core voting base are not happy with the way that they've acted in the coalition, reneging on promises, kow-towing the Tory line, etc. and have probably voted Labour, Green or not at all...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X