• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tulip transplant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulip transplant

BBC News - The brave new world of DIY faecal transplant

"You would have to be desperate to take a sample of your husband's excrement, liquidise it in a kitchen blender and then insert it into your body, with an off-the-shelf enema kit.

It was Duff's husband John that donned plastic gloves and assiduously followed the instructions they found online. He was no doctor, but as a retired submarine commander Duff considered him equal to the task.

Then he threw away the blender."

"Most DIY faecal transplant patients are, in fact, not suffering from C. diff, but from a range of other diseases that they believe the procedure will help, and which doctors are not willing or allowed to treat with faecal transplant. They include conditions that would appear to have very little to do with gut bacteria - including MS, autism, and diabetes - but the most common ailments treated are the inflammatory bowel diseases Crohn's and ulcerative colitis."

Sounds like it's pretty successful.

And if you want to try it yourself...

"A website, The Power of Poop, is full of tips and personal stories to help people with their first at-home faecal transplant... "

Let us know how you get on.

I don't think its taking the piss really
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Sound like a typical Saturday night at BP towers.

Comment

I was reading an article about the effects of gut bacteria on mice the other day, the results are quite amazing. You can make them skinny or obese just by changing the population of bacteria.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I was reading an article about the effects of gut bacteria on mice the other day, the results are quite amazing. You can make them skinny or obese just by changing the population of bacteria.
          It does sound like the results on C diff at least are pretty exceptional.

Are these poo bacteria different from probiotics I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Sound like a typical Saturday night at BP towers.
            2 girls, 1 cup?

Comment

Isn't it peculiar that it was known in Chinese medicine but we had 'forgotten it' and prefer to rip bits out instead.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I had c diff last year when I was in hospital with my toxic mega colon bought on by a huge UC flare up and I can say with total confidence that anything introduced to my colon stayed there for approx 36 seconds before reappearing.
                I was 'going' 20 to 26 times a day - they made me keep count!
                However you do get a room to yourself with a loo if you have c diff in hosp.... which is nice.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

If you got it again, would you consider the poo treatment?

Comment

Nope, but this time I WOULD accept the morphine they offered
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X