• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclist beats his own record aged 102 years old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclist beats his own record aged 102 years old

Good grief.

CBBC Newsround - Cyclist beats his own record aged 102 years old

There are definitely no excuses for not getting on your bike after you read about Robert Marchand.

He has just got himself another world record in a race for over 100-year-olds.

He's 102 years old and he peddled at a rate of nearly 17 miles an hour, beating the old world record, which was his anyway!

When he was 100 years old he hit the record books with a 100 km cycle round a velodrome in Lyon.

His latest feat took place at a velodrome in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines near Paris.

After completing the race, he hurried off round the track to meet and greet his supporters.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

That's probably quicker than I could go TBH. Chapeau!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hmmm...inneresting but it doesn't say how far he went.

Wonder if it's the same decrepit old man that whizzes past me every time I try and ride a bike. Really demotivating that is - you're puffing and panting, thinking you've got a good speed up when some octogenarian effortlessly glides past with a fag hanging out the corner of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Hmmm...inneresting but it doesn't say how far he went.

Wonder if it's the same decrepit old man that whizzes past me every time I try and ride a bike. Really demotivating that is - you're puffing and panting, thinking you've got a good speed up when some octogenarian effortlessly glides past with a fag hanging out the corner of his mouth.
        I suspect it's 'The Hour' i.e. ride as far as you can in an hour. Remember Boardman & Obree in the '90s?

So if he did nearly 17mph in an hour, he did nearly 17 miles.

RetSet the Tester.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
          I suspect it's 'The Hour' i.e. ride as far as you can in an hour. Remember Boardman & Obree in the '90s?

So if he did nearly 17mph in an hour, he did nearly 17 miles.

RetSet the Tester.
          Good guess.

Cycling: 102-year-old Frenchman Robert Marchand beats own world record - Others - More Sports - The Independent
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
          X