• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign Food Horrors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign Food Horrors

Following on from my post on the street food thread, I thought it would be inneresting to hear people's gastronomic horror stories from their travels.

I've already mentioned my rat taco but another experience that makes me chuckle comes from a rather straight laced girl with whom I used to work.

Imagine one of those squeaky clean couples who are obsessed with hygiene to an OCD level.

Well, that's this couple.

So they go to India (!). On their first day in Calcutta(!) they
    spot a chai wallah and decide to have a cuppa. Declining the paper cups into which he's about to decant their hot beverages, they delve into their backpacks and produce 2 plastic cups that they'd brought with them, giving each a good wipe with alcohol gel first.

They then hand the cups over to the wallah who then proceeds to strain the tea from the urn strapped to his back through the filthy vest that he was wearing into their 2 mugs.

ISTR they stayed in India for 24 hours before heading off to New Zealand.
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 28 May 2014, 09:19.

"Imagine one of those squeaky clean couples who are obsessed with hygiene to an OCD level".

"So they go to India...."

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
      "Imagine one of those squeaky clean couples who are obsessed with hygiene to an OCD level".

"So they go to India...."

You don't have to be a genius

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        You don't have to be a genius
        You don't have to make up bollocks either, but you do. Pathological liar.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          You don't have to make up bollocks either, but you do. Pathological liar.
          Is there any particular reason you jump on every single one of my posts to insult me?

Is there any reason you leave me rep calling me "Lying Scum"?

I can't think of any other than you must be a deeply unpleasant person.

Comment

They then hand the cups over to the wallah who then proceeds to strain the tea from the urn strapped to his back through the filthy vest that he was wearing into their 2 mugs.
            Am I the only one here thinking Cyberman--> Chutney Spoon moment?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Following on from my post on the street food thread, I thought it would be inneresting to hear people's gastronomic horror stories from their travels.
              She's done it again - "inneresting"

One of my gastronomic horror stories is asking for some fish and chips many years ago in Brixton, and then noticing that the young woman dishing them up had a large cut on her hand which was bleeding onto the chips.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Is there any particular reason you jump on every single one of my posts to insult me?

Is there any reason you leave me rep calling me "Lying Scum"?

I can't think of any other than you must be a deeply unpleasant person.
                It's a fair point there is no need for TykeMerc to be so agressive.

I mean it's general and if you want to come on hear and spout tulip go for it....

you should expect some light hearted ribbing and a bit of fun

you should not expect personal abuse for a pretty lame thread which may or may not be made up about sh!tty hygiene in indian!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  It's a fair point there is no need for TykeMerc to be so agressive.

I mean it's general and if you want to come on hear and spout tulip go for it....

you should expect some light hearted ribbing and a bit of fun

you should not expect personal abuse for a pretty lame thread which may or may not be made up about sh!tty hygiene in indian!
                  Oh well, he's on Iggy now along with FA...

Comment

"All hope abandon ye who enner here. Seriously."

Comment

Working...
                    X