• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Such a civilised bunch of people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such a civilised bunch of people

Pretty nauseating.

BBC News - Pakistan acid attack parents 'feared dishonour'

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Compared to some in Pakistan it makes the Waffen SS seem a decent bunch of lads.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

BBC News - Pakistan woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

So a father kills his daughter, but its ok as her brother can forgive their father, I know we shouldn't judge others by our standards, but how can this be anything other than barbaric
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It is barbaric

However it is allowed and expected because it is part of the religion so it must be okay

one of the main reasons why the world is going to hell in a handcart - people doing things and then blaming god for it....

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          BBC News - Pakistan woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

So a father kills his daughter, but its ok as her brother can forgive their father, I know we shouldn't judge others by our standards, but how can this be anything other than barbaric
          Agreed - I read it earlier and it's horrific.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

"Police say this is one of the first cases of its kind in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, where such killings are relatively rare.

In March the government of Pakistani-administered Kashmir made acid attacks a criminal offence punishable with life imprisonment."

A bit unfair to judge the country on the actions of a few nutjobs.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              It is barbaric

However it is allowed and expected because it is part of the religion so it must be okay

one of the main reasons why the world is going to hell in a handcart - people doing things and then blaming god for it....
              Where does it say that?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                "Police say this is one of the first cases of its kind in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, where such killings are relatively rare.

In March the government of Pakistani-administered Kashmir made acid attacks a criminal offence punishable with life imprisonment."

Oooh all of 2 months ago...

should this not have been done say 2 decades ago?

and whilst I agree re the nutjobs it is the reason why they did it that is the problem not what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  It's a primary reason why people invent religions, they're about political power and controlling people.

If you can invoke and blame some imaginary sky fairy to start and excuse horrific acts then it's an easy way to exploit people.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

On the same BBC page there are links to other attacks - one is some poor sod who got stoned right outside a courthouse by her own family. WTF? No police or security at the courthouse?

There seems to be a lot of nutjobs
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X