• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody experience of claiming on indemnity insurance (looking to get insured)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody experience of claiming on indemnity insurance (looking to get insured)

I need indemnity insurance and liability insurance (but no employer's liability insurance).

I have 3 quotes, well 4 actually since 2 are for Hiscox from different websites.

Hiscox using their own website and filling in the questionnaire online quote £400 and something.

Hiscox via simplybusiness.co.uk quote £326

Finsbury via simplybusiness.co.uk quote £376

Trafalgar via their own website quote £250 or so (the quote's gone now since I left it too long).

Hiscox seem to have wrapped up the marketing pretty well but Trafalgar are obviously way better - does anybody have any experience of claiming for professional indemnity?

Curiously the simplybusiness.co.uk questionnaire required me to answer yes/no to whether I had worked on financial trading software to which I initially answered 'yes', to which the website said I'd have to phone, and then I answered 'no' and got the cheap Hiscox quote. The Hiscox-own questionnaire made no mention of financial trading but was more expensive. The Trafalgar questionnaire also made no mention of financial trading.

Got mine from QDOS, very well priced. To be honest I think it's a paperwork exercise to keep the agencies happy. But happy to do it as it gives me peace of mind.

Qdos Consulting - Taxation and VAT - Employment Law - HR - Insurance - Contractor Insurance - IR35 - PI Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by lucozade View Post
      Got mine from QDOS, very well priced. To be honest I think it's a paperwork exercise to keep the agencies happy. But happy to do it as it gives me peace of mind.

Qdos Consulting - Taxation and VAT - Employment Law - HR - Insurance - Contractor Insurance - IR35 - PI Insurance
      Yes, back in the old days we'd get it, show it to agent, cancel it day after!

Comment

Originally posted by adam42 View Post
        I need indemnity insurance and liability insurance (but no employer's liability insurance).

I have 3 quotes, well 4 actually since 2 are for Hiscox from different websites.

Hiscox using their own website and filling in the questionnaire online quote £400 and something.

Hiscox via simplybusiness.co.uk quote £326

Finsbury via simplybusiness.co.uk quote £376

Trafalgar via their own website quote £250 or so (the quote's gone now since I left it too long).

Hiscox seem to have wrapped up the marketing pretty well but Trafalgar are obviously way better - does anybody have any experience of claiming for professional indemnity?

Curiously the simplybusiness.co.uk questionnaire required me to answer yes/no to whether I had worked on financial trading software to which I initially answered 'yes', to which the website said I'd have to phone, and then I answered 'no' and got the cheap Hiscox quote. The Hiscox-own questionnaire made no mention of financial trading but was more expensive. The Trafalgar questionnaire also made no mention of financial trading.
        And what do you mean 'claiming for'?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          And what do you mean 'claiming for'?
          Sorry, totally ambiguous. I mean "has anyone had to make a claim on their indemnity insurance?".

Comment

Qdos Consulting PI Insurance
            That's the better than the ones I found, at £193.

Comment

Originally posted by adam42 View Post
              Sorry, totally ambiguous. I mean "has anyone had to make a claim on their indemnity insurance?".
              I think Elliot at QDOS told me never....

Comment

Same here

Comment

Trafalgar Accounting? I was with them for 4-5 years... Too pricey for what I got to be frank.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

My most recent qdos IR35 review said its important to have it from an IR35 perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X