• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mmmmm (custard) pie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm (custard) pie

Police quiz teenager for throwing CUSTARD PIE at teacher on last day of school - Mirror Online

OTT reaction to involve the police?

Or assault that should be dealt with as such?

Kid was interviewed on breakfast telly - he didn't look/sound like a thug. His apology sounded genuine.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Police quiz teenager for throwing CUSTARD PIE at teacher on last day of school - Mirror Online

Kid was interviewed on breakfast telly - he didn't look/sound like a thug. His apology sounded genuine.
    In which case it seems to have achieved the desired result.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

But the custard was still in its tin.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So a quote

"
        “I regret what I did. I sent a letter of apology to her - but I’ve been told she never wants to hear from me again.”

Sounds to me like some teacher has been on a power trip, had a joke played on her and now she is acting like a spoilt ten year old.

I think I can see who the adult is in this instance.

Comment

I think its fair enough to involve the police

Teaching is a hard enough profession without some little twat trying to humiliate you in front of work colleagues/other kids which could seriously impact how other kids behave towards her for months if not years to come.

Fair enough if you custard pied a mate, you know them, you're on good terms with them but with someone you don't really know physically hitting them in the face with something(regardless of what it is) is well over the mark IMHO.

Probably a bit biased being married to a teacher, but I think if some little toe rag did it to me I'd certainly be pushing to press charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
            I think its fair enough to involve the police

Teaching is a hard enough profession without some little twat trying to humiliate you in front of work colleagues/other kids which could seriously impact how other kids behave towards her for months if not years to come.

Fair enough if you custard pied a mate, you know them, you're on good terms with them but with someone you don't really know physically hitting them in the face with something(regardless of what it is) is well over the mark IMHO.

Probably a bit biased being married to a teacher, but I think if some little toe rag did it to me I'd certainly be pushing to press charges.
            Totally agree with all this. You can't lay a finger on them, so Bill is your best option.

Comment

I believe the pie was on a ceramic plate which broke when it came into contact with the teachers face.
              It was filmed and put on the internet for all to see.
              He is a thug and is not doing himself any favors by bleating all over the media.
              How many on here would put up with this humiliation at work?

If some bloke did this this to me I'd rip their balls out - one at a time
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Article says paper plate.

It was in the context of a tradition of "last day pranks", and another child who threw a water balloon at a teacher did not get into trouble.

Presumably someone else filmed it, and therefore was complicit - did they get expelled too?

Of course we don't know the kid's history - was he a well behaved boy who had a serious error of judgement, or a general little tulip where this was the last straw?

Comment

Anyway what happened to the cheesy snacks boy? Was there ever a conclusion to that story?

Comment

Mail linky

"Head Tim Gartside said: ‘Like many schools we like to mark the end of Year 13 and students have enjoyed clever, tasteful, and original pranks that have neither harmed nor humiliated.
                    ‘Jacob Dowdle’s behaviour was not a prank.
                    ‘His slapping of a teacher in the face was a planned assault.’"

Moment Altrincham Grammar School pupil pies teacher then gets expelled for it | Mail Online

If a school "likes to mark the end of year 13" with pranks, they should hardly be surprised if kids sometimes go too far.

Comment

Working...
                    X