• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oracle front-end tool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oracle front-end tool

Can anybody recommend any good ones, suitable for database development? I'd usually go for Toad, but it costs about $1500 so I've decided to be open to suggestions.

I'm a Microsoft man, but also very warm hearted as anyone here will tell you.

That's why I thought I'd point out that Oracle have a free tool.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...per/index.html

PS. Switch to MS SQL Server 2005. You know it makes sense.

Comment

Thanks DP (and sorry, I just ate a curryfull of your fellow prawns!)

I've had a little go at that, and I think it will serve my purposes nicely. I'm 5 months behind the times.

Let nobody say that this board is anything other than a super source of helpfulness.

I did a bit of a switch from SQL Server to Oracle about 3 years ago. But you have a point. SQL Server has properly got its act together at last, and loads of companies are switching in that direction.

Comment

Toad. Cost £0

I didnt realise you had to pay for it.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oracle provide a similiar tool to TOAD used to be called Raptor.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pro...per/index.html
          Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Comment

Raptor was the beta name, Oracle SQL Developer is the full free version. A very decent tool, well worth using.

Comment

Tora - An open source fork of TOAD as I understand it. Regardless, it's pretty sweet and cross-platform too, unlike TOAD.
              Last edited by Cowboy Bob; 31 August 2006, 08:06.
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

IMHO PL/SQL Developer is the best tool on the market for Oracle server-side development. It's priced at $180.

Comment

Working...
                X