• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If Suity launched boats?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Suity launched boats?

Video captures $10m Washington yacht sinks with six crew on board while being delivered to owner | Mail Online

A newly built 90ft yacht was being delivered to its owner in Washington
    Six people on-board when boat keeled over, one rescued from the bilge
    Owner of the expedition vessel says he is 'absolutely heartbroken'

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...23_636x358.jpg

£10M quid??? Blimey, bit excessive.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Love the way one of the workmen walks over to it and just shrugs as if to say "Dunno how that happened"

Comment

The contractor that left the project last week will get the blame

Comment

Looks like a pretty ropey section of marina to launch a boat that expensive.

Due to the clearly visible erosion of the banks it was probably shallower at the bottom of the slipway than they allowed for.

If so, then possibly as a result the guy they mentioned being in the bilge was pumping out some water to reduce its draft, and they overdid it. I mean the thing looks pretty top-heavy anyway.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Go to 1:14 on this one:

Also 2:31 made me laugh.

And check out the cross-channel ferries at 3:31 where the crew and most of the fittings are having a "swell" time

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            Go to 1:14 on this one:

Also 2:31 made me laugh.

And check out the cross-channel ferries at 3:31 where the crew and most of the fittings are having a "swell" time
            Watching that, I got an ad for life assurance....

Comment

Working...
            X