• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take cover!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take cover!!

The Express is at it again.

The UK is about to be rocked by the most frenzied and chaotic start to summer EVER as monsoons and tornadoes rage in.

Ice stones the 'size of cricket balls' will cause devastation across the country in what forecasters fear could be the the worst hailstorms since a deadly 'supercell' led to hailstones leaving craters FIVE FEET deep across England 171 years ago.

Temperatures are expected to rocket to an incredible 91F (32.6C) by Saturday as a swathe of roasting hot air suddenly floods the British Isles

SHOCK WEATHER FORECAST: Worst HAILSTORMS in 170 YEARS to hit Britain THIS weekend | Nature | News | Daily Express
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

The proper weather forecast did mention some showers. I shall be sure to take a raincoat.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I see they do the usual thing of leading with a vision of the Apocalypse, then implying it has some scientific credibility by citing the Met Office (who only talk of thundery showers and the potential for localised flooding), before going all in with tame rentaquote merchants Vantage Weather Services, who happily spout a load of utter bollocks about cricket-ball hailstones and tornadoes

Comment

I must say I really enjoyed the WORST THUNDERSTORMS FOR A CENTURY, except that we didn't get any thunderstorms at all.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Was this caused by legalising gay marriage?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I wouldn't rule it out. About this time last year in NWR there was some pretty nasty "tropical" storms. 100 mph gusts, trees over and "pigeon egg sized" hail stones.

The SuityWagon was in an underground car park at the office for the evening as I was "out on the leash". 1000s of cars were destroyed and a tree blew over in the town square (quite a tall one) while I sipped beer and watched.

Very entertaining.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              I wouldn't rule it out.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Since legalising this do you now field "Would Mitch" questions regarding the other half of the population?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I was "out on the leash".
                  Yep. Ever since Suity's Rent-a-Gimp plan B was initiated to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Yep. Ever since Suity's Rent-a-Gimp plan B was initiated to be exact.
                    Which we all know was a cheap rip off of the more successful Nick Fitz Rent a Chimp Plan B.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X